Openfire vs. Ejabberd
Openfire is an instant messaging and group chat server. It uses an XMPP server, under the Apache License 2.0, and written using Java. The server administration is mostly done using a web interface. It runs on the 9090 HTTP and 9091 HTTPS servers by default. If you are an administrator, you can connect to the server from just about anywhere, and you can edit the server and its configuration settings.
The Features Include:
- It is very customizable.
- It is a web-based administration panel.
- The server can support upwards of 50,000 concurrent users.
- There is also a plug-in interface.
- It has a full integration with a Spark IM client.
- There is an SSL/TLS support.
- The server is platform independent. It is pure Java.
- It is a user-friendly, web interface with a guided installation.
- LDAP connectivity.
- It also has database connectivity for storing user details and messages. It is embedded HSQLDB or other DBMS with a JDBC 3 driver.